Try this gorgeous salad recipe, featured on Instagram in our On The Menu At CQ series.
We're now sharing our favourite pics taken in and around the Quarter, from the latest in fashion and homewares to tasty menu options from our foodie retailers.
So what better time to share this delicious take on the classic potato salad (made with love from Coles and Jacks fresh produce) and one of our most popular posts of the week #OnTheMenuAtCQ
The 5P Salad
- 500g potatoes (Kipfler are the best, though standard varieties are also good if on a budget)
- Olive Oil
- Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup Shaved parmesan
- dash White wine vinegar (to taste)
- fresh English Spinach leaves (or rocket)
- ½ Pomegranate
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- Cut potatoes into wedges and boil them to soften slightly. Drain potatoes and place on a tea towel or kitchen toweling to remove excess moisture.
- Cut prosciutto into rough strips. Place potatoes and prosciutto in a baking dish. Season with salt and olive oil.
- Cook at 180C for 30 minutes or until Potatoes are golden and a little crispy. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts until slightly coloured and set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, mint, shaved parmesan and white wine vinegar.
- Toss dressing with cooled potatoes.
- Serve on a bed of fresh english spinach leaves. Sprinkle pomegranate and pine nuts on top of the salad and garnish with additional mint leaves.